One Canada Square
1 Canada Square is the original and iconic centre piece of the Canary Wharf estate. Serving 1,000,000 sqft of net lettable space arranged over 45 floors with 5 levels of plant space,.
The client wanted to refurbish the buildings infrastructure, replacing critical plant and providing more redundancy into the electrical services in keeping with current expectation.
PIP worked with CWCL to engineer and plan practicable solutions that allowed the removal of switchgear and substations and the provision of new equipment onto existing footprints in very short planned shutdown durations.
The works were completed successfully and without disruption to the buildings tenants.
Our works included the provision of:
- Temporary power network to enable tenant migrations.
- The sequential transfer of all loads to 8 new 2.5 MVA double ended Substations
- LV Load Banks
- Diverse HV Cable Network from basement to Roof
- LV Cabling
- Busbar Systems and Provision of new electrical riser
- Dura steel Installation
- Landlords UPS Installation and Distribution Network
- PLC System Cable Network
- EPO and Inter tripping
- Earthing and Lightning protection